Network Infrastructure Security - Part 1
This curriculum is targeted at individuals working in the IT field and having general knowledge of security-related topics. Professionals who are striving to get TruSecure ICSA Certified Security Associate (TICSA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Security+ certification form the core audience for this course.
You need Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or above OR Netscape Navigator/Communicator 4.78 or above.
ØMacromedia Shockwave plug-in for Windows for IE/NN
ØMacromedia Flash plug-in for Windows for IE/NN
Note: Macromedia Flash plug-in comes built in with IE 5.5 and above and NN 6.x. To download the plug-ins, click on the relevant icon below.
Two years of computer networking experience, complete knowledge of TCP/IP, and A+ or Network+ certification.
This course covers concepts that help you build network infrastructure security. It will detail the learner about intrusion points, intrusion detection systems, intrusion detection methods, and incident response. It will also teach the learner about various connectivity devices and transmission and storage media. After completing this course, the student will be able to identify the:
- key concepts related to routers.
- features of modems.
- features of Hubs and Switches.
- security-related features of wireless devices.
- features of a Remote Access Service (RAS) server.
- features of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- security-related features of Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems.
- basic concepts of firewalls.
- features of various firewall technologies.
- features of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDSs).
- features of honeypots and honeynets.
- characteristics of Network-Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDSs).
- characteristics of Host-Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDSs).
- features of passive and active response types.
- features of various intrusion detection methods.
- features of an incident response.
- security-related features of various physical transmission media.
- security-related features of various magnetic storage media.
- security-related features of optical storage media.
- security-related features of solid-state storage media.
- need of network monitoring tools.
- ways to monitor and secure workstations.
- ways to monitor and secure servers.
- ways to secure mobile devices.
- Network Devices
- Routers and Modems
- Hubs and Switches
- Wireless Devices
- Network Architecture
- RAS Server
- PBX Systems
- Introduction to Firewalls
- Firewall Technologies
- Intrusion Detection
- Basics of ID
- NIDSs and HIDSs
- ID Response Types and Methods
- Incident Response
- Transmission and Removable Storage Media
- Physical Transmission Media
- Magnetic Storage Media Security
- Optical Storage Media
- Solid-State Storage Media
- Monitoring and Securing Network Resources
- Network Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Monitoring and Securing Workstations
- Monitoring and Securing Servers
- Securing Mobile Devices